Call for Papers to SEANavBench 2022 Workshop
Paper Submission Deadline: Apr 15th, 2022 (Final)
Acceptance Notification: Apr 27th, 2022
Camera-ready paper: May 21st, 2022
Paper Presentation: May 27th, 2022
We invite interested researchers to introduce their preliminary or ongoing projects related to social navigation. We accept a broad range of topics related to social navigation. Example topics include but are not limited to: Social Navigation Methods
Social Navigation Evaluation
- How to overcome the freezing robot problem?
- How much does capturing human body pose, gestures, head orientation or eye gaze benefit social navigation?
- How should a robot behave in order for it to be accepted as social by humans?
- How does a robot communicate its navigation intent to humans?
- How much can data-based approaches capture or imitate human behavior in social navigation?
- How to define social norms in terms of costs or rewards?
- How to accomodate diverse human factors and environmental context in social navigation?
- What metrics are suitable to measure efficiency, safety and socialness in social navigation?
- How do we trade-off efficiency and safety (socialness) in evaluating social navigation?
- How effective is it to evaluate social navigation models on datasets?
- What behavior model is suitable to model humans in social navigation simulation?
- How much realism do we need in social navigation simulation?
- How do we categorize and evaluate context in social navigation?
- How do we mitigate novelty effect in real-world social navigation experiments?
We invite short contributions on topics mentioned above. The papers should be no longer than 4 pages excluding citations and should be in standard ICRA format
. Submissions should not be anonymized. Papers should be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com
by Apr 15th, 2022. We encourage original submissions and welcome works currently under review. We especially encourage contributions from authors with diverse backgrounds, such as those with minority or underrepresented backgrounds or junior researchers. To help us with logistics arrangements, please indicate in the submission email if you will attend our workshop in-person or remotely.
PUBLICATION & ATTENDANCE:
All accepted papers will be given the opportunity to be presented in the workshop as posters. The accepted papers will be posted on the workshop’s website in advance so that interested participants will have a chance to view the papers first before coming to the workshop. These non-archival papers and their corresponding posters will remain available on this website after the workshop. The authors will retain copyright of their papers.